Oversee and manage the day-to-day operations of all functions of the Finance and administration Departments. Ensure compliance with internal controls, standard operating policies and procedures as well as statutory and regulatory reporting.
• Provide financial leadership to the accounting team and ensure all financial reporting of Group and subsidiaries are accurately and timely prepared within specified time frames, this includes a Representative office in China
• Prepare financial statements and management accounts, which including monthly reporting pack, intercompany transactions & etc.
• Monitor business control effectiveness and developed and execute improvements in finance process (AR, AP, GL, consolidation and cash management)
• Liaise with auditors, tax agent, bankers and company secretary to ensure all matters relating to audit, tax, banking and statutory requirements are prepared, submitted and complied with.
• Issue timely and complete monthly financial statements • Coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual report • Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations • Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics • Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts • Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management • Provide for a system of management cost reports • Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions,
and contract negotiations
Corporate Reporting Responsibilities
• Full spectrum of corporate secretarial duties including company incorporations, companies strike off, preparation of directors’/ shareholders’ resolutions
• Responsible for the reporting to the Board on matters relating financial update, sales update, business update and outlook, project status etc.
Compliance • Coordinate the provision of information to internal and external auditors for the annual audit • Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants • Comply with Singapore and Chinese government requirements, mandates, reporting
requirements and prepare and submit tax filings. • Implement and comply with group compliance requirements
• Forecast cash flow positions, related borrowing needs, and available funds for investment • Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment
requirements • Ensure currency fluctuations and forex losses are mitigated, conduct hedging as needed to
mitigate financial risks related to the interest rates on the company's borrowings, as well as on its foreign exchange positions
• Maintain banking relationships
• Assist in determining the company's proper capital structure • Arrange for equity and debt financing as necessary • Invest funds
• Manage the preparation of the company's budget • Report to management on variances from the established budget, and the reasons for those
variances • Assist management in the formulation of its overall strategic direction
• Engage in ongoing cost reduction analyses in all areas of the company • Engage in benchmarking studies to establish areas of potential operational improvement • Interpret the company's financial results to management and recommend improvement
activities • Review company bottlenecks and recommend changes to improve the overall level of
company throughput • Participate in target costing activities to create products that meeting predetermined price
goals • Compile key business metrics and report on them to management • Manage the capital budgeting process, based on constraint analysis and discounted cash
flow analysis • Create additional analyses and reports as requested by management
• Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner • Ensure that all reasonable discounts are taken on accounts payable • Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly • Process payroll in a timely manner • Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed • Ensure that any required debt payments are made on a timely basis • Maintain the chart of accounts • Maintain an orderly accounting filing system • Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
• Ensure all corporate tax returns and withholding taxes are prepared, reviewed and submitted on a timely basis.
• Review quarterly GST returns and update GST schemes. • Liaise with IRAS, auditors and group controllers. • Ensure group taxation requirements are complied with. • Monitor company business transaction in Singapore and the region to ensure no tax liability is
incurred. • Make recommendations on tax control and ensure strict compliance with all applicable
statutory and regulatory requirements in the accounting process and reporting
Internal Control, Risk Management and Insurances
• Implementation of internal controls and risk management systems • Conduct continuous risk assessment and introduced controls to mitigate identified risks • Review all Sales contracts to ensure contract risks are eliminated • Develop and implementation of accounting and control policies • Responsible for annual internal and external audit functions and reporting to Directors of the
Company on any irregularities • Ensure all company and group insurances are reviewed yearly, are adequate and comply with
government and statutory requirements where necessary.
• Stayed up to date of all available government schemes and programs that the company can tap on
• Establish and maintain continuance of two-way communication with the Directors of the Company on all matters relating to request for information
• Organize the efficient structure, recruitment and placement of required staff to meet the financial and administrative requirements or the organization
• Supervise staff and monitor and evaluate performance. • Delegate tasks and accountabilities as needed.
• Review existing core financial accounting, ERP and accounts consolidation system across all business units and ensure the are practical and fit for purpose.
• Recommend and implement enhancement to improve current system processes