Our client is a leading global renewable energy company with an innovative culture focusing on the energy transition. To support the growth of large-scale renewable projects, we are looking for a Senior Business Development Manager to report to the head of APAC.
Our client is developing, constructing, O&M, asset management and financing renewable projects: large and small scale (distributed generation) solar, onshore and offshore wind, off-grid energy, and storage with a strategic objective to accumulate 35 GW by 2025.
The activities of the Business Development Division apply in all countries in the field of solar, onshore wind projects, and non-dispatchable hydro potentially combined with battery storage solutions.
The Senior Business Developer acts in the service of the growth of our client, in coordination with several internal stakeholders, by orchestrating the origination process and by working with Project Developers during the development phase until the start of construction.
The Business Developer interacts particularly with Structured Finance, Project Development, M&A, legal and Offtake and externally with authorities, clients and partners.
General activities (greenfield, tender and acquisition)
· Cultivates solid relationships with stakeholders across the targeted area to build a long-term relationship
· Participates in the design of the APAC business development strategy
· Coordinates Business “Explorers” in the targeted region by relying on this local representative and its specific skills
· Identifies acquisition and joint development opportunities, evaluates them to determine if they should be pursued, and leads their management through an internal approval process
· Conducts key commercial negotiations (JDA, SHA, SPA) and gives guidance on deal structuring
· Deploys the partnership strategy, develops partnership agreements to grow faster, manages the relationship with partners and co-development partners, being the main Point of Contact for commercial discussions until transfer to the construction team
· Leads, structures and negotiates development and shareholder agreements with co-developers, consultants, and sub-contractors, & manage relationships with external stakeholders in coordination with the Project Developer and local representative (Country Chair, Business “Explorers”…)
· Supervises the development of the project/ tender preparation in coordination with the Project developer and other internal stakeholders
· Oversees presentation materials to support investment decision-making by her/his management for the dedicated governance committee
· Assesses and matures opportunities’ characteristics on all aspects, including grid, permits, administrative matters, technical, economic feasibility, offtake, risks & opportunities.
· Onboard a project developer to help finalise the maturation of the opportunity.
· Contribute together with Project Development to the presentation materials to support investment decision-making by her/his management for the dedicated governance committee
· Provides pipeline updates, progress megawatt updates, and other reporting requests on a timely basis as needed
· Deploy processes, good practices and tools defined by the Company and share lessons learned
· Keeps himself/herself fully informed on key market developments and industry news/events to identify business quickly
· Ensures that company security rules and group policies are shared and respected
Business Development Division:
· To specialise in business opportunities and relationships and contribute to project development that Project Developers steward.
· Reinforce strategic and tactical business positioning and, simultaneously, act as a pivot in a cross-disciplinary effort to translate opportunities into projects and projects into construction and operation.
The Incumbent is expected to have a range of competencies and experience, including:
- Relevant Degree (can be finance or engineering) qualified with a minimum of 7 years of work experience in a related field
- Transactional experience in the energy / renewable space is essential
- Ability to work on his/her own initiative, take commercial decisions, lead processes
- Contract negotiation experience
- Technical knowledge of renewable energy plants (design, yield assessment, grid connection, construction/procurement) is important
- Highly organised approach to work and details-oriented
- Excellent English, written and oral communication skills and should be comfortable presenting to management at all levels
- Capable of managing internal and external resources, taking a lead role at meetings, setting priorities and recording actions
- Passion for the renewable energy industry
WeLinkTalent | Executive Recruitment
THE RIGHT TALENT. THE RIGHT OPPORTUNITY.
• Who are we?
WeLinkTalent is a boutique human capital consultancy firm specialising in the senior-level executive search covering Singapore and Asean. We link skills, personality and potential to the right company to create value and synergies that benefit both parties.
• Why us?
We are a unique name for recruitment, and we provide the "Best in League" Talent from our well-established network. We have a very competitive and transparent system. We engage with you and design a personalised recruitment strategy.
We thank you for your interest in this position and regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Please follow WeLinkTalent on LinkedIn to access all our vacancies.
WeLinkTalent Pte Ltd | Executive Recruitment | EA Licence № 16S8272
White Emmanuel Alexander | Registration № R1324688
WeLinkTalent is DPTM (Data Protection TradeMark) certified!
WeLinkTalent will treat your interest confidently and handle Privacy Statement Data collected for recruitment purposes only.