Our client is a fast growing renewable energy firm focusing on South East Asia and headquartered in Singapore. Their goal is to accelerate the transition towards a carbon-neutral economy "as a service".
Reporting to the General Manager of the Philippines and functionally to the Head of APAC Business Development based in Singapore, the incumbent will be responsible for the Sales and Business Development in the Philippines.
Part of the role, the incumbent will oversee marketing activities, leads generation, development of relevant leads into energy projects until projects closure. It will require deep involvement in client engagement, technical engineering project development, financial modeling and contract negotiation.
As leader of the Business Development team, he/she will manage a team of project developers specialized in each solution covered in the Philippines portfolio including
- Solar PV & smart grid,
- District Cooling Scheme,
- Utility Energy Efficiency,
- Green Data Centre
- Facility Management.
Aside from possessing relevant experience of the business and functional role, the incumbent should be a thoughtful leader, confident problem-solver and decision-maker, have a strong business acumen with ability to build, develop and maintain a robust pipeline of opportunities
The incumbent will be responsible for the development of business in the Philippines. More specifically, he/she shall:
- Be responsible for achievement of investment targets of our clients entities in the Philippines, both organically or through partnerships and joint-ventured entities in the Philippines.
- Manage, lead and grow a Business Development team located in Manilla and Cebu and comprised of Business developers, Sales engineers, Marketing specialists with various level of seniority.
- Initiate, lead and close investment-based energy projects in a form of BOOT (Build Own Operate and Transfer) contract or PPA (Power Purchase Agreement). Maintain a robust pipeline of opportunities with well managed prioritization.
- Represent our client in the Philippines market demonstrating our strong focus on customer satisfaction, employee engagement, Health Safety and Environment objectives and ethics.
- Maintaining positive working relationships with key stakeholders and partners including local authorities, developers, landowners, consultants and contractors.
- Ensure the appropriate follow-up of existing and new key accounts with engagement at c-levels.
- Liaise with the regional team based in Singapore or worldwide counterparts; both technical, legal, financial and commercial teams, to leverage support, collaboration, knowledge sharing and best practices.
- Jointly participate with the General Manager in the Executive Committee, Support monthly management meeting and reporting, including strategic business planning, financial, operation and maintenance, and business performance review.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering (Civil, Electrical or Mechanical) from an accredited university, Masters’ Degree in relevant fields would be added advantage.
- Proven experience in similar capacities as a Business Development Leader leading a high performing team with in-depth experience in stakeholder engagements, business development, company financial, and business operations.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in the field of key sustainable infrastructure development in South East Asia. Knowledge of energy, utilities management, renewables, sectors would be advantageous.
- Relevant experience as team leader in an international environment.
- Outstanding organizational leadership, corporate governance and operational management skills, creative manager who is always seeking for new opportunities and new ways of doing things, with ability to lead and inspire the team towards the successful achievement of shared goals.
- Excellent presentation, especially at C-suite levels, with excellent communication skills (both written and spoken) in English and Tagalog.
- Occasional business travel in Europe and South East Asia countries may be required.
WeLinkTalent | Executive Recruitment
THE RIGHT TALENT. THE RIGHT OPPORTUNITY.
• Who are we?
WeLinkTalent is a boutique human capital consultancy firm specialising in the senior-level executive search covering Singapore and Asean. We link skills, personality and potential to the right company to create value and synergies that benefit both parties.
• Why us?
We are a unique name when it comes to recruitment, and we provide the "Best in League" Talent from our well-established network. We have a very competitive and transparent system. We engage with you and design a personalised recruitment strategy.
We thank you for your interest in this position and regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Please follow WeLinkTalent on LinkedIn to access all our vacancies.
WeLinkTalent Pte Ltd | Executive Recruitment | EA Licence № 16S8272
White Emmanuel Alexander | Registration № R1324688
WeLinkTalent is DPTM (Data Protection TradeMark) certified!
WeLinkTalent will treat your interest with full confidence and will handle Privacy Statement Data collected for recruitment purposes only.