Senior Strategic Buyer (Life Sciences/Bio Technology)
WeLinkTalent are representing a global leader in life sciences, who has a global team of talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. Where ideas, big and small, provide genuine improvements to the world.
Global strategic procurement
- Work closely with Global Category manager on category strategy development (e.g. provide site current and future business needs)
- Monitor the implementation and execution of category strategies at site level
- Support the execution of sourcing initiatives for delegated spend across assigned sites.
- Participate in global & regional sourcing efforts which also includes to provide purchasing expertise in tendering, negotiation tactics, planning and contracting
- Lead initiatives and various projects as a part of category development strategy, roll-out of new procurement policies/procedures and tools and take parts in optimization of transactional costs & efficiency of procurement activities (e.g. automation rates)
- Share best-practice sharing and synergies across sites
- Support standardization of specifications across sites and regions
- Track country savings performance and identify potential savings, risks & opportunities
- Drive utilization of on-line catalogues, E-Auctions and other leading edge sourcing tools
Ensuring business continuity and meeting of site business needs:
- Ensure business continuity and supply/availability of direct materials
- Partner with site stakeholders to understand and support the delivery of current and future business needs
- Work with site controllers to provide spend and savings forecasts to management
- Manage supplier changes and transitions
Manage supplier relationship and performance at site level:
- Maintain and drive professional partnership/collaborationwith suppliers
- Manage portfolio of suppliers and ensure compliance with requirements/policies
- Support comprehensive supply risk assessment across existing supplier portfolio (incl. single source, capacity constraints, financial risks, quality risks, etc.)
- Develop and implement mitigation solutions for key business risks identified
- Be aware of the supply market dynamics and changes to ensure competitiveness and supply risks are mitigated
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Science or any relevant discipline
- Customer service mindset and ability to manage several priorities simultaneously
- Positive attitude with a willingness to learn new skill sets
- Working knowledge of general business practices & Good Manufacturing Practices
- Experience and knowledge of both Operational Procurement and Strategic Buying/Category management (i.e. Category strategy development)
- Project management skills
- Expertise in tendering and contracting Third party spend management
- Strong negotiation skills & ability to persuade and influence suppliers to achieve best outcome
- Hands on experience of using SAP ERP in a purchasing/procurement role
- Hands on experience of using Microsoft Office.
- Experience in the Pharma, BioTech, CMO or related industries
- Experience working within a global team (strong command of English)
- Good Analytical skills to create insight from large datasets
WeLinkTalent | Executive Recruitment
WE LINK THE RIGHT TALENT TO THE RIGHT OPPORTUNITY
- Who are we?
WeLinkTalent is a boutique human capital consultancy firm specialising in the senior-level executive search covering Singapore and Asean. We link skills, personality and potential to the right opportunity to create value and synergies that benefit both parties.
- Why us?
We are a unique name for recruitment, and we provide the "Best in League" Talent from our well-established network. We have a very competitive and transparent system. We engage with you and design a personalised recruitment strategy.
We thank you for your interest in this position and regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Please follow WeLinkTalent on LinkedIn to access all our vacancies.
WeLinkTalent Pte Ltd | Executive Recruitment | EA Licence № 16S8272
Kho Kangwei (Qiu Kangwei) | Registration № R1103458
WeLinkTalent is DPTM (Data Protection TradeMark) certified!
WeLinkTalent will treat your interest with full confidence and will handle Privacy Statement Data collected for recruitment purposes only.