Our Client is a leading multinational company in the Dairy sector. They are expanding in the Health & Wellness Sector with new global launch by year end.
As the Senior Global Marketing & Communications Manager, you’ll have oversight of driving the implementation of strategic marketing & communications plans across our global markets, including North America, Europe, Japan, China, South & East Asia (SEA) and Aus/NZ.
You’ll be an effective people manager, able to mentor and lead other marketing roles (both directly and indirectly) through strategic implementation of plans. Being able to manage and effectively communicate to a diverse range of stakeholders across global time zones is a vital skill necessary for this position.
Support development, execution & delivery of the S&AL Business Unit growth strategy
- Work with the wider Sports & Active Lifestyles (S&AL) team to support development of the S&AL BU strategy (3-5-year timeframe) and rolling annual plans.
- Develop time bound, target oriented, prioritised initiatives to achieve both strategic and annual plan objectives.
- Work closely with the S&AL Sales/BDM teams to develop value added business with their customers by identifying new target markets and prospective customers and providing marketing and communications input to the sales process.
- CondPrioritise PConductConduct feasibility studies and develop business cases for new S&AL value add product and/or solution launches.
Lead NPD Projects / roll out
- Lead NPD roll out initiatives from concept to market launch working alongside wider technical, innovation and science/research resource.
- Drive delivery against key project targets for new product development, e.g. timelines, EBIT etc working with Functional Nutrition Unit (FNU) and regional sales teams.
- Ensure benefits to customers and to a specific brand are properly identified, quantified and recorded.
- Review the success of all new product launches and category strategies against targets alongside sales.
- Develop world class regional sales tools, collateral, digital comms, videos and photography to support successful NPD launches.
Market Development: extend industry presence, establish position in ecosystem, manage partner relationships
- Keep abreast of key and emerging S&AL industry players, identifying which to strategically engage with, and support championing these relationships within the business.
- Build S&AL’s external network and profile within the industry ecosystem.
- Develop a comprehensive view of key industry events (online and offline), identifying which of these would best support S&AL growth and creating a plan/strategy to leverage these to build brand reputation and feed opportunity pipeline.
- Customer facing communications - work with the Account Management teams to identify opportunities to strengthen the quality of existing customer communications to customers through digital channels.
Lead Marketing Communications and Activation Workstreams
- Oversee implementation of the S&AL marketing & communications plan driving the four strategic pillars noted above (with a focus on “Solutions Marketing”).
- Oversee local adaption and implementation of Protein and Specialty ingredient NPD launches through marketing and communications activation
- Create product promotion and digital communications initiatives/tactics that will resonate with customers and through to consumers resulting in commercial uplift and/or improved customer relationships/prospecting.
- Lead development of world class product sales tools (focus on digital) for customer engagement to support preference for S&AL protein and specialty products.
- Be a champion/ambassador for a brand S&AL and its sub-brands, to build brand value and ensure quality/consistency at every touchpoint.
- Ensure all relevant internal stakeholders and teams are updated on progress of initiatives and involved to the required level.
- Select appropriate channels and own external partner relationships, managing budgets and agency relationships as required to meet committed deadlines or other project parameters.
- Conduct robust post implementation reviews for the purpose of continuous improvement and share key findings and learning’s.
- Track performance
Support Sales and Customer Engagement
- Provide the sales network with the necessary information and tools to ensure effective and productive engagement with customers. This may include overseeing internal training materials, marketing materials, presentations, information sheets, video and other such tools to enable sales teams.
- Maintain regular close contact with the in-market marketing and sales networks and maintain an overview of all key customer interfaces.
- As relevant, provide specialised marketing knowledge to the customer.
Cross-Functional coordination & stakeholder management
- Develop strong working alliances with the other brands in Functional Nutrition Units, Regional Marketing Teams, Global Marketing Categories, Global Sales, Research and Development Centre, Operations, Technical, and CPM to obtain the necessary resource and support to meet strategic objectives.
- Build and maintain critical relationships with key decision makers and stakeholders both internally and externally. Provide marketing updates to key stakeholders to keep them abreast of major consumer trends.
- Utilise expert market positioning, presentational skills, and relationship management tools to establish a champion network within specific S&AL customers designated as key to the category targets.
- Through this network of contacts, in combination with the sales team, support sales teams in driving these opportunities to a successful sale.
- Tertiary qualified in marketing and/or communications
- Combined Marketing and Communications Experience (8+ years)
- Track record of high performance and delivering results within virtual and ambiguous environments
- Experience in strategy development and planning
- Skilful in information analysis, understanding customer needs, leveraging insights as an input into product/ category strategy; and translating into viable solutions that meet objectives
- Experience in developing, leading and delivering successful marketing communications strategies
- Proven experience in working effectively across cross-functional teams influencing, collaborating and getting results through people at multiple levels within the organisation
- Self-starter, confident and mature with drive, energy and the ability to work independently. Creative problem solver
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly for development of executive level/customer presentation and professional sales tools
- Sound working knowledge of design - layout, set-up and basic design concepts
- Excellent attention to detail and understands commercial environments
- Excellent problem-solving skills leading to effective decision making
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of current plays in the S&AL industry across key markets
Nice to have
- Digital experience
- Nutrition, Sports or other relevant science or technical degree or experience
- Experience working on global projects involving multiple regions/countries
- 5+ years B2B marketing roles
- Exposure to B2C marketing
- Strong experience working across the full marketing mix, including digital marketing (web, email, social media)
- Up to date understanding of current trends including marketing technology and digital media/social media tactics
- Strong product/category knowledge across the Sports & Active Lifestyle portfolio (Proteins & Specialties).
- International marketing experience through global role/s
- Food or B2B Industry Experience
WeLinkTalent | Executive Recruitment
WE LINK THE RIGHT TALENT TO THE RIGHT OPPORTUNITY
- Who are we?
WeLinkTalent is a boutique human capital consultancy firm specialising in the senior-level executive search covering Singapore and Asean. We link skills, personality and potential to the right opportunity to create value and synergies that benefit both parties.
- Why us?
We are a unique name for recruitment, and we provide the "Best in League" Talent from our well-established network. We have a very competitive and transparent system. We engage with you and design a personalised recruitment strategy.
We thank you for your interest in this position and regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Please follow WeLinkTalent on LinkedIn to access all our vacancies.
WeLinkTalent Pte Ltd | Executive Recruitment | EA Licence № 16S8272
Nathalie Marie-Claire White | Registration № R1658916
WeLinkTalent is DPTM (Data Protection TradeMark) certified
WeLinkTalent will treat your interest with full confidence and handle Privacy Statement Data collected for recruitment purposes only.