Our client is an integrated energy company and prides itself to ride on this fast-changing and dynamic industry.
To become a global Tier 1 and preferred integrated energy company
This is an exciting opportunity to be working closely with the trading desk and trading management to recommend actions to mitigate risk. The candidate is also able to use his /her in-depth knowledge of the markets in physical and derivative products to guide, influence and convince internal stakeholders.
- Ensuring new risk metrics are identified and implemented across all divisions of market risk uniformly while complying with the individual risk mandates.
- Re-evaluating exposures, so they are correctly recorded using established fair value methodologies across multiple products and applications.
- Manage and implement projects and new trading products with appropriate tools and techniques.
- Working closely with traders to ensure trading risks and return are fully understood, captured and challenged where and when necessary.
- Actively manage internal resources to optimise the efficient analysis of risk across the portfolio.
- Maintaining quality relationships and engagements with key business stakeholders to ensure timely and accurate data for projects and daily processes.
- Embed the culture of partnering with the Market Risk team and other business stakeholders.
- Ensuring Market Risk issues are entirely understood.
- Always keeping abreast with external regulation, compliance, risk management and new tools and business applications in financial markets.
- Identify and deliver risk management advice and services as the business changes and during volatile market conditions.
- Exploring opportunities for continuous process improvement.
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics or Equivalent
- At least 8 years or more of relevant experience preferably from oil & gas or LNG or Petrochemical or Metals or Power/Emissions/Carbon industry
- Exposure to MRM framework & models, financial modelling, VAR models will be an advantage
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical skills and business acumen
- Able to work independently, multi-task and navigate around complex organisation structure in a fast pace environment
- Language: Bilingual in English and Chinese as the portfolio comprise of Chinese speaking internal and external clients.
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel/VBA, Word, PowerPoint) and SQL
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python etc. is a plus
WeLinkTalent | Executive Recruitment
WE LINK THE RIGHT TALENT TO THE RIGHT OPPORTUNITY
• Who are we?
WeLinkTalent is a boutique human capital consultancy firm specialising in senior-level executive search covering Singapore and Asean. We link skills, personality and potential to the right company to create value and synergies that benefit both parties.
• Why us?
We are a unique name when it comes to recruitment, and we provide the “Best in League” Talent from our well-established network. We have a very competitive and transparent system. We engage with you and design a personalised recruitment strategy.
Please send your CV in .doc format to email@example.com mentioning the job reference number WLT30009.
We thank you for your interest in this position and regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Please follow WeLinkTalent on LinkedIn to access all our vacancies.
WeLinkTalent Pte Ltd | Executive Recruitment | EA Licence № 16S8272
Lydia Lim Ying Mei | Registration № R1987382